HR Business Partner
Employment Experience | Hybrid-Santa Monica | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Employment Experience (EE) Business Partner will work independently and in conjunction with the Chief People Officer and EE team as the business partner to specific client groups, responsible for providing strategic support, partnering on long-term vision and coaching business leaders. The EE Business Partner will partner with their client groups to identify and address needs within the business in order to develop action plans. Ultimately, the Business Partner is responsible for connecting the business and talent strategies in order to promote engagement and boost the culture of growth and development within the company. In addition, in this role the Business Partner will help drive projects and initiatives related to all aspects of Employment Experience including: Benefits, Compensation, HRIS/Payroll, Recruiting, Learning & Organization Development, and Diversity & Inclusion.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the implementation of talent strategies that align with the business priorities.
- Provide guidance to business leaders and management team members on varied employee interactions (coaching, counseling, career development conversations, morale, retention and disciplinary actions).
- Collaborate with leaders and Employment Experience to provide guidance and input on policy interpretation, business unit restructures, workforce planning, talent reviews, succession planning and provide partnership on bonus, merit and promotion processes.
- Manage employee relations issues and conduct in-depth investigations in conjunction with Employment Experience and Legal departments. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Analyze trends and metrics to support a data driven approach to developing solutions, programs, development opportunities and policies.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Participate in all aspects of the employee lifecycle from onboarding through offboarding, including exit interviews, employment documents, and payroll coordination.
- Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business.
- Champion employee well-being, diversity, and inclusion initiatives.
What You Need:
- 3 - 4 years of direct Business Partner or related experience, ideally in a multi-functional, multi-line of business organization.
- Experience and passion for learning, career development, organization development and talent management.
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies.
- Relevant experience developing organization design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives.
- Exceptional client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance.
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change.
- Flexible in style and approach with ability to thrive within ambiguity.
- Comfort with public speaking and facilitation.
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.