Head of Production
Content | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the ’60s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind.
For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As the Head of Production for the newly-formed Content Special Projects, you will lead a team responsible for managing the development and execution of content for our partner CarMax. This role will also be charged with managing the day-to-day communication with CarMax, fostering the relationship and delivering key assets on schedule.
You will work alongside the thirty-strong Edmunds’ editorial team to ensure CarMax content is compelling and relevant to their target audience, as well as aligned with key metrics across their YouTube channel and website.
The right candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable of the all-encompassing nature of social, digital and video media. Having a solid knowledge of the automotive industry and what car shoppers care for and value most is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the production process for our CarMax partner which includes working with our editorial and video production teams to ideate and create original content
- Manage a team of on-screen talent, producers, cinematographers and video editors.
- Manage the day-to-day creative partnership with CarMax.
- Work collaboratively with the Edmunds’ editorial to facilitate written content scheduling and delivery.
- Work with internal editorial partners at CarMax, including written, strategy and social teams to maximize the success of the content across YouTube, CarMax’s site and social platforms.
- Work with the existing video production team as well as our internal legal and accounting teams to track budgets and billing.
Where You Excel:
- A deep understanding of conventional storytelling techniques, as well as the desire to be innovative in your approach to cinematography and the post-production process.
- Experience working with third-party partners and working cross-functionally with internal departments and teams.
- Personal reliability and integrity. Your colleagues know they can rely on you in every respect; you model this trait in all that you do.
- Coaching. You have a deep energy reservoir for cultivating and mentoring the creative output of producers, cinematographers, on-camera talent, storytellers and operational members, empowering them to deliver compelling content.
- Developing an environment that fosters creativity, communication and transparency
- Enthusiasm: an ability to juggle multiple projects and kick-start initiatives in a busy work environment is a must.
- Comfortable with both leading the Special Projects that function and working collaboratively with the Edmunds editorial and vehicle testing teams, putting ego aside to produce great results.
- Emotional intelligence. Your EQ is through the roof.
What You Need:
- High comfort level in taking the initiative and managing multiple projects, people and deadlines with an exacting attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of audience development, performance metrics and analytics.
- Experience managing and mentoring junior team members.
- Ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in visual, verbal and written format.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.