Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Designers, and Solution Architects to build a world class website development platform.
- Help our development teams build features faster by researching, evaluating and integrating emerging technologies into the platform.
- Design and build maintainable, extensible, and performant modules and shared components in React/JSX that that will be used or extended by other teams.
- Help ensure that our platform provides our customers with a world class visual and interactive experience, by continuously improving on TTFB, StartRender, LPH, FCI, FID, CLS, and other performance metrics.
- Work with the platform team on stability efforts around managing device and library version compliance, application and JS errors, and artifact build times. and E2E streamlining.
What You Need:
- Comfortable working across multiple product suites and able to quickly switch contexts.
- Experience in testing strategies, cross-browser compatibility & client-side performance optimization.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with React (or a comparable framework) and isomorphic JS is required.
- Passion for ensuring our pages and site are optimized for search.
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.