Field Relationship Manager, Chicago
Sales (Dealer) | Chicago, IL | Full Time
We wrote the book on empowered car buying. Today, we're driving innovation to make the process easier for shoppers and dealers alike.
We do it with data, but we're powered by people and their passion to evolve the car-shopping experience. We trust our talent to shape our future and inspire them to shape their own.
This is where you come in. Smart, talented, unafraid. Willing to put your ego in the trunk and let new ideas speed us forward, together. If you have the drive, hop in and hit the gas.
What You’re Applying For:
The B2B Field Relationship Manager’s core roles are to increase company sales, retain dealers, and use consultation techniques to improve dealer and company performance. Managing a set book of business that is generated by the field sellers, the relationship manager is the point person for the dealer. The Relationship Manager forwards all dealer technical issue calls to Dealer Operations and concentrates on performing outbound consultation meetings with their dealers. The Relationship Manager analyzes current dealer spend and determines products that will increase dealers’ current share of wallet. Utilizing CRM data mapping tools, the Relationship Manager dissects their territory based on multiple data points to prioritize upsell opportunities and increase team efficiencies. The Relationship Manager researches dealer product usage and tailors retention calls to prove Edmunds’ value. The position also creates customized and personalized content that they train to each new dealer. The Relationship Manager also studies their territory for patterns, themes, and challenges. The findings are compiled and shared with Dealer Operations, Product, Marketing, and Sales to develop better efficiencies, address gaps in service, and improve products.
What You’ll Do:
● Achieve and exceed monthly sales/renewal goals as set by management
● Accountable for maintaining an assigned base of dealers to retain their current “core” business (1/3 of their bonus structure) and expanding their product portfolio
● Responsible for increasing a dealer’s “share of wallet” by upselling them into more products which affects 2/3 of their bonus structure.
● Onboard new dealers after they are sold by field Account Executives and installed by Dealer Operations using WebEx to conduct Launch Trainings
● Conduct consultative “Optimization Analysis” to new dealers, discovering areas to improve their product usage
● Conduct “Check ins” to dealer principals and general managers, proving the value Edmunds is delivering to the dealer
● Utilizing MapAnything to strategically improve territory upsell penetration
● Discover and document patterns, themes, and challenges being seen and heard in your territory. Sharing and collaborating with other teams to determine better methods or products to improve the Edmunds’ experience for our dealers
● Responsible for updating relevant customer information - including but not limited to activity, funnel, opportunity updates, and maintenance of monthly goals with Salesforce CRM
● Quickly learn about and adapt to new products and services
● Handle minor technical issues for dealers and pass more advanced issues to account managers in Dealer Operations
● Based on the territory you will be assigned to, starting your day as early at 6AM PT at our Santa Monica Edquarters when needed
- Each Relationship Manager needs to be self-motivated and a self-starter because each upsell situation is different
- Dealers are consistently busy and may not have time to return your phone call. A Relationship Manager needs to be persistent and maintain their positive approach
- Some dealers who are questioning their results may become passionate. A Relationship Manager must have the confidence in the Edmunds’ product and the ability to defuse heated conversations.
What You Need:
● High School diploma, GED or equivalent education and 3 years of related experience
● 1 - 3 years telephone or inside sales experience with an emphasis on retention sales.
● Prior account management or sales experience with a history of working to retain and grow existing accounts
● Ability to work independently and think strategically regarding customer account retention and development
● Must be able to be flexible and adapt to each sales and selling interaction with a dealer
● Strong oral and written communication, analytical, problem solving and closing skills
● Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Flexible with schedule based on dealers’ time zones
● Automotive industry experience
● Experience in a quota-based sales environment
● Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales
● Previous experience calling into our automotive customer base
● Previous experience forecasting sales revenue
● Proficiency in Salesforce CRM
● Proficiency in WebEx or GoTo Meeting
● Experience with insidesales.com, fastcall or other power dialer tool