Human Resources & Administration | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Do you love creating great experiences? Do you want to work in a fast-paced office full of intelligent and engaged people? As part of the Workplace Experience Team, you’ll be responsible for helping to maintain our award-winning office environment. Our team is focused on providing excellent customer service to our employee population through support of the front desk, office services, events, our regular office activities, and so much more. This role is the unofficial ambassador of Edmunds.
What You’ll Do:
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with making sure common areas stay clean and organized.
- Maintain supply/copy rooms stocked and free from clutter at all times.
- Assist with creating, tracking and resolving work tickets (internal and with building management).
- Inventory tracking and ordering basic office supplies.
- Relieve reception for lunch and work breaks.
- Assist with supporting company events including happy hours, team-building events, holiday parties, and more.
- Assist with keeping conference rooms clean, tidy and stocked when not in use.
- Work with building management and engineers on maintenance, repairs and service requests
- Install fixtures and assemble furniture as needed
- Assist with office moves, moving equipment and furniture to various areas.
- Share responsibility for covering the reception desk and mailroom daily.
What You Need:
We’re looking for someone with a great attitude, lots of energy, and the commitment to go the extra mile to ensure that every one of our employees has a great workplace experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Tact and skill in dealing with others - including customer service experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in related skills.
- A commitment to being a great team player (willing to help out in a pinch and eager to participate in all aspects of the department’s work).
- Strong initiative
- Flexibility to support some after hours events (weekday & weekends).
- High School Diploma minimum, Associates Degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google systems preferred.
- Being able to multitask during busy times while staying calm and collected.
- Being flexible and accommodating to last minute requests or questions you may not be prepared for and can innovate to find a solution.
- Knowledge of office services (reception, mail/distribution, supplies, copy rooms, conference rooms).
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of office equipment (copy machines, fax, computers, postage meters)
- Must be able to lift, carry and/or move objects up to 60 pounds.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.