Employment Experience, Associate Business Partner
Human Resources & Administration | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Employment Experience (EE) Associate Business Partner will work independently and in conjunction with the Vice President of Employment Experience and the EE team as the business partner to a specific client group, responsible for providing strategic support, partnering on long-term vision and coaching business leaders. The Associate Business Partner will partner with their client group to identify and address needs within the business in order to develop action plans. Ultimately, the Associate Business Partner is responsible for connecting the business and talent strategies in order to promote engagement and boost the culture of growth and development within the company. In addition, in this role the Associate Business Partner help to drive projects and initiatives related to all aspects of Employment Experience including: Benefits, Compensation, HRIS/Payroll, Recruiting, Learning & Organization Development, and Diversity & Inclusion.
What You’ll Do:
Participate in projects and initiatives that support all functions within HR including: Compensation, Benefits & Wellness; Payroll Administration and HRIS; Learning and Organizational Development; and Compliance and Employee Relations.
Drives the implementation of talent strategies that align with the business priorities.
Implement ad hoc process development and improvement efforts.
Analyze trends and metrics to support a data driven approach to developing solutions, programs, development opportunities and policies.
Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
Participate in all aspects of employee lifecycle, including leading offboarding efforts including last day procedures and continued analysis of exit survey data.
Collaborate with Manager, Employment Experience to provide support in semi-monthly payroll process and HRIS needs, such as docusign distribution.
Oversee immigration responsibilities, managing all related items and working as a liaison between employees, leaders and external parties.
In collaboration with Business Partners, provides guidance to business leaders and management team members on specific employee interactions (coaching, counseling, career development conversations, morale, retention and disciplinary actions).
Manage employee relations issues in conjunction with Employment Experience and Legal departments. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business.
What You Need:
- 3 - 5 Years of HR Generalist or related experience, ideally in a multi-functional, multi-line of business organization;
- Experience and passion for learning, career development, organization development and talent management.
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies;
- Relevant experience developing organization design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives;
- Exceptional client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance;
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change;
- Flexible in style and approach with ability to thrive within ambiguity
- Comfort with public speaking and facilitation
- Degree with emphasis Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.