Divisional Product Specialist
Sales Support (Dealer) | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Divisional Product Specialists will work in conjunction with Sales Leadership to support multiple divisions to develop, manage, and drive short and long-term initiatives to retain and grow the divisions. The core roles are to increase company sales, retain dealers, be an expert on all products and processes and use consultation techniques to improve dealer and company performance. The Product Specialist is a key role within the Sales Development team that will be relied on as the subject matter expert on all products, processes, and reporting related to retaining, prospecting, and growing the business. The Product Specialist will partner other departments as well as with the field in a consultative role on consultation with dealerships and groups within their assigned divisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with other members of the sales support team to deliver actionable materials for both sales and retention purposes.
- Conduct weekly office hours to consult with the field team on sales and retention needs
- Consult with dealer groups in the territory in person at their locations, reviewing their online presence and best practices using the Edmunds Program
- Conduct consultative “Optimization Analysis” to new dealers in person at their locations, discovering areas to improve their product usage
- Be in the field with sales representatives up to 50% of the time
- Work closely with operations, product, analytics, and sales leadership on strategies to grow and retain dealer business
- Utilizing SalesForce, Tableau, and Google Analytics to strategically improve territory performance
- Discover and document patterns, themes, and challenges being seen and heard in your territory. Sharing and collaborating with other teams to determine better methods or products to improve the Edmunds’ experience for our dealers
- Responsible for updating relevant customer information - including but not limited to activity, funnel, opportunity updates, and maintenance of monthly goals with Salesforce CRM
- Provide product feedback and new ideas to product and operational teams
- Audit online marketing strategy, including hosting process and training
- Mentor the sales professionals within a defined geographic region in sales tactics and account management and maintenance activities
What You Need:
- 3+ years of sales and consultative experience in the digital space within the automotive industry
- Ability to travel
- Skills to build relationships with local dealerships to show the value of their Edmunds partnership through analytical reporting, group meetings, and store level visits
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics and Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to understand, teach, and execute upon innovative sales campaigns that utilize sophisticated data analysis and marketing concepts to establish market differentiation
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SQL a plus but not required
- Understanding of automotive industry trends and their impact on dealer partners
- Located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones to align with the Divisions they will be supporting
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.