Director, Sales Analytics and Insights
Sales (OEM) | Detroit, MI | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a smart, creative, and analytical seasoned industry professional that can leverage the wealth of Edmunds site data into insights used to consult with automotive executives in forming marketing and advertising decisions. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert in all aspects of automotive industry trends and car shopper behaviors supporting the Tier 1 sales organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally to extract insight and context from various data sources
- Synthesize complex data/analyses into a clear visualization that tells the story in a meaningful way
- Develop, evaluate, refine, and automate analytic models using data to address client ad hoc requests, performance issues, business needs and identify areas of optimization and growth
- Manage a rigorous schedule of recurring and ad hoc client deliverables by combining information from multiple data sources
- Develop strategies and templates for automating data into client-ready visualizations
- Manage and maintain campaign reports and deliverables
- Create analyses “from scratch” using multiple data sources (advertising/web behavior/vehicle transactions) to craft a clear, concise narrative
- Work closely with Sales to analyze data and provide insights in a consultative manner
- Present analyses to internal and external audiences
- Interact with multiple internal teams in a highly cross-functional environment
Timeliness and Multi-tasking:
Part of the challenge working in client-facing roles is a certain level of uncertainty - that day-to-day prioritization is constantly evaluated and re-evaluated as client requests come in. This role requires a significant amount of flexibility and the ability to pivot based on business needs and tight deadlines. The individual needs to be able to turn out high quality results sometimes in a rapid-fire cadence. Again, we are aligned to business needs and often times, there are multiple initiatives going on all once, so the individual needs to be able to multi-task.
There is a considerable amount of ambiguity in client requests and needs, the individual needs to be able to be resourceful in terms of uncovering insights from multiple sources…both from a data perspective, and cross-functional perspective (sometimes you have to seek out other team members for some insights)
What You Need:
- Excellent presentation skills: ability to communicate complex analyses in a concise and actionable manner
- Communication skills for interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytic ability using various statistic and analytic models
- Strong technical skills: must have Excel expertise and experience working with large amounts of data
- Project Management: ability to manage multiple projects and aggressive schedule of deadlines
- BS/BA Degree is required MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years of automotive experience required
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.