Data Research Analyst
Data Content Ops | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As a Data Analyst, you are responsible for supporting multiple data points through our publishing channels, analyzing business requests and implementing programs/processes to optimize efficiency. We are looking for someone who is ambitious and passionate about data. Someone who has demonstrated they can take the lead with business requests and is able to draw conclusions from the data to help drive project direction. The recommendations you make from your conclusions will guide project direction and drive critical initiatives. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with large amounts of data across multiple platforms
- Import, transform and validate data is a key function of this role
- Understand the pipeline process of data movement and transformation
- Identify and interpret patterns and trends
- Assess data quality and eliminate irrelevant data
- Communicate with team members for review and demonstrate findings
- Extract data using different query languages and software
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related fields
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Work with large relational databases in excess of a million records across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated skills with Access/SQL/PostgreSQL
- Demonstrated skills with Spreadsheets – Excel
- Understanding of system databases
- Ability to handle a variety of requests under pressure
- Ability to work in highly collaborative cross functional teams as well as having focus, drive and determination to be able to perform independently
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.