Technology | Remote | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The analytics group at Edmunds.com is looking for an Analytics Development/ Data Engineer who will work with Business Intelligence tools in collaboration with product owners, analysts, marketing and engineering to design and implement Analytics Solutions for Edmunds.
Edmunds.com is all about data, big data! We are fast becoming the de facto standard by which automotive information is defined in the United States. We collect detailed, user behavior for over 18 million unique visitors a month. The BI Engineer is responsible for building BI Solutions, analyzing data, maintaining the platform and answering questions in the analytics realm.
We are looking for a person that is smart, creative, ambitious and most of all passionate about data wrangling and management. Large-scale data analytics should excite you. Edmunds is very much about helping its people grow—meaningfully, effectively and prosperously. We care about what we do and we care about our people. A demonstrated passion for data and analytics will provide incredible growth opportunities and will make this the best job you ever had.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with business users directly to gather requirements and provide solutions and insights
- Follow Agile project management methodology
- Translate functional requirements into technical designs and choose the appropriate BI solutions
- Build Data Pipelines to cleanse and store data in databricks
- Support infrastructure on AWS
- Document functional requirements, functional designs, and all technical designs according to Edmunds technical documentation standards
- Apply Minimum Viable Product (MVP) approach to test the solution before building the entire application
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- Minimum 5 Years of Professional development experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in deploying & troubleshooting AWS infrastructure. AWS Certification Is preferred
- Working Knowledge in Scripting Languages like Linux (Shell Script), Python
- Proficient data analysis experience utilizing SQL
- Working knowledge in any one of the RDBMS such as Postgres, Redshift
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools such Tableau, Microstrategy or equivalent
- Experience in Big Data analysis using SparkSQL HDFS, Hive and Scala
- Working knowledge in any two of the programming languages Java, C#, or Perl
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis using tools such as R
- Experience in interacting with cross functional teams
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills with deep technical knowledge of data infrastructure practices and tools
- Ability to create and present status reports to senior executives
- Experience in configuring and using DevOps tools JIRA, Stash, Confluence
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.