Customer Care Specialist
Sales Support (Dealer) | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Customer Care Specialist works closely with the Team Lead and/or Manager to ensure that consumer questions, concerns, and feedback about Edmunds’ products/services are received and fully resolved. This person will help to compel the organization to address, at the root cause, common pain points where car shoppers want help, and influence Edmunds’ products and services to evolve over time into the most customer-centric in the marketplace. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the consumer experience, and is willing to go above and beyond to delight our consumers.
What You'll Do:
- Provide A-Z management for tickets/cases that need to be addressed by the Customer Care Team through Zendesk and Salesforce
- Respond to incoming phone calls and emails within defined SLAs, providing personalized responses so shoppers know that we’re real people behind the brand
- Escalate negative feedback to the appropriate internal teams, so we can work toward keeping all of our consumers happy
- Provide input into new tools and processes to continually improve the level of service for our shoppers
- Collaborate with other teams across the company to continually refine and improve our workflows
- Work horizontally with the Dealer Support Team to ensure a good customer experience for both dealers and consumers
- Assist with moderation of reviews written by consumers
- We work with a lot of different types of consumers - you’ll need the patience and determination to work with all personality types
- You’ll need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively in person, over the phone, and via email
- You must be flexible and adaptable when it comes to change - it’s a constant around here!
- An unwavering resolve is essential - you must be willing to work with shoppers until you fully understand their problem and can find a solution that adequately addresses their issue
What You Need:
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- A can-do attitude when it comes to exhausting resources to get an answer when one is not readily available
- Has "thick skin" and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers
- Has a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Motivated to continually improve existing practices
- Experience with Zendesk and/or Salesforce is a plus
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.