Customer Care Specialist
Sales Support (Dealer) | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Dealer Support Team is considered the front line of support for our sales team and automotive dealer partners. Your mission: provide exceptional customer service so that we can help our dealer partners sell more cars and our sales people acquire and retain them as clients. This position will be part of a close-knit team of 4 individuals who will work in 8 hour shifts to provide dealer support coverage between the hours of 6AM to 6PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
What You'll Do:
- Manage our dealer support hotline by responding to incoming phone calls, emails, and texts from dealers and third-party vendors, ensuring satisfactory resolution to their inquiries in a high quality manner within outlined time frames.
- A few examples of inquiries that the team handles: Updating dealership contact information and listings on our website.
- Assist new users of our proprietary chat platform in creating users, deactivating users, general troubleshooting and coaching our dealer partners on how to use the product.
- Gather information regarding issues and triaging requests to appropriate teams and departments for resolution.
- Partner with internal teams such as our Account Executives, Dealer Support Specialists and other departments to support various sales and marketing initiatives.
- Utilize and reference the Dealer Support dashboard as a critical tool to ensure our dealer partner inquiries are resolved within the expected SLA.
- Assist with adhoc department requests and projects.
Position Profile & Qualifications:
- Customer service experience required - we strive to provide exceptional and high satisfactory services to our sales team and dealer partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you’ll be collaborating heavily with team members within the Dealer Operations department, so clear, actionable, and concise communication is key to ensure satisfactory resolution of our dealer inquiries.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with competing priorities - we work in a fast-paced and high volume environment and you’ll need to effectively and efficiently carry out responsibilities within defined SLAs.
- Quick learner – Fast paced work environment, looking for candidates that can easily and quickly learn, understand and execute new concepts.
- Thrive on having a lot of new issues to deal with every day.
- Must have excellent organization skills and be able to prioritize workload
- Problem solving soft skills
- Passionate about our mission and helping dealers.
- You are not afraid to ask questions when needed.
Skills You'll Obtain:
- Increased knowledge of the inner-workings of a dealership’s business
- Stronger critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Enhanced customer service skills
- Ability to think fast on your feet to resolve customer issues on the spot
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other Edmunds web tools and systems
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.