Accounts Receivable Associate
Executive, Finance & Legal | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As an Accounts Receivable Associate at Edmunds.com, you’ll deal with money all day long. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the company receives payments and invoices are processed to help with a speedy collection process. Your mission is to keep this cycle moving. We have a fun and relaxed environment, especially for an accounting department. When you meet us you’ll see, we’re not your typical bean counters. We work hard and play harder but we’re serious about making improvements, collecting money for the company and being the best at what we do.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll make sure monthly invoices are sent (via snail mail and email), make any necessary delinquent account calls, and communicate with the sales and sales support teams to ensure everything is properly accounted for. Your key deliverables will include things like weekly aging reports, bi-monthly delinquent reports, and be in constant communication with your team members and the sales teams.
- Sure, there will be challenges. Maybe you’ll have a stalled account and can’t collect on a past due balance. The salesperson seems to have disappeared, so it’s up to you to find a solution to collect the funds and make sure it works for all parties involved (and of course you will need to stay compliant with company policies – i.e. no ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’ type of stuff).
- In this role, you’ll be directly involved with the fastest growing part of our business. As it matures, the Finance team has to mature with it so we’re constantly improving and making changes. We work closely with our in-house developers to improve processes and make our systems more efficient. Each team member has an active role in making suggestions to improve the process and reporting, so we’ll need your input – it’s important.
What You Need:
- Trustworthy: you’re known for your personal integrity and honesty
- Logical Thinker: you take a step-by-step approach to analyze information and solve problems
- Reliable: you can always be counted on to do a good job
- Tools: you’ll be working with Excel, Oracle R12 ebiz Suite, and SalesForce, so experience with these (or similar programs) is important
- Great with people: building great relationships with the sales team will make your job a lot easier. They’ll be key in helping you collect payments and succeed in your role – a ‘help them help you’ kind of thing.
- Flexible: as previously mentioned, things are constantly changing so you’ll have be able to roll with it and be extremely comfortable with change
- Patience and Diligence: you’ll be working with different types of people with different backgrounds and different priorities; you’ll also have to continuously follow up on open items that might take some time to resolve.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we’ve been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 5 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!