(Production Associates) Lab Technician
Manufacturing and Distribution | Watsonville, CA | Full Time
Lab Technician (Production Associates) - Watsonville, CA
About Eden Enterprises:
Eden Enterprises is a vertically integrated cannabis company with expanding interests in retail, cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and intellectual property. Eden Enterprises hosts a number of operations comprising Garden of Eden (dispensary brand), Eden Infusions(distribution/manufacturing), Terpene Belt Farms (hemp cultivation) and Terpene Belt Processing(hemp processing). Our network of experience brought to the table by cannabis business veterans, both founding members and external partners, provides the basis for vertical integration across the entire cannabis and hemp supply chains.
About the Position:
We are looking for a hard-working and trustworthy candidate who is passionate about learning and growing in the Cannabis Industry. Our Lab Technicians are responsible for the formation, assembly and packaging of THC Vaporizer cartridges, packaging flower, packaging pre-rolls, and creating cannabis edibles in a kitchen environment.
As an entry-level position with Eden, no experience is necessary and we will teach the right candidate all processes listed above.
- Assist in all aspects of the production process for our complete product line.
- Work in a team environment to keep the facility productive and to exceed established goals.
- Work with our extraction team as it relates to production.
- Assemble boxes and packaging for products and order fulfillment.
- Assist with kitchen preparations for edible products. Perform all assigned kitchen duties to ensure timely delivery of products to wholesale and dispensary customers.
- Assist with all steps in the production of our edible line from start to finish.
- Produce infused products that meet company quality standards while meeting or exceeding production goals.
- Maintain a level of cleanliness and organization throughout all aspects of production.
- Ensure an overall positive, safe and clean production environment.
- Perform quality checks on products according to SOPs and quality management processes.
- Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
- Package finished products and prepare them for other departments.
- Review SOPs to ensure work is performed according to specifications.
- Complete production reports to communicate team production level to management.
- Adapt to new opportunities and changes in direction from Management and Executive Leadership.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for at least eight (8) hours
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, and crouch in order to access products
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to push/pull carts up to one hundred (100) to two hundred (200) pounds
- Visual acuity needed for viewing screens and fine print
- Manual dexterity needed for data entry
- Consistent moderate background noise level
- Generally working in confined vault space without natural light
Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer
- High heat
- Low temperature
- High and low humidity
- High noise levels
- dry salts
- Plant pathogens
- Other volatile organic compounds
- Other environmental variables
- Must be at least 21 years of age and ability to pass Livescan fingerprinting and regulatory background screening
- Basic knowledge or manufacturing and quality processes.
- Must be knowledgeable of foodservice and kitchen practices and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate by using oral, written, and various computer software
- Familiarity with computer software and functions as it relates to position
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge and experience in the cannabis industry
- Experience in a warehouse setting
- Knowledge or willingness to learn state-specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance is required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- A passion for what Eden Enterprises has established and continues to build on our customer experience and satisfaction
- Prior cannabis experience.
- Experience working in a lab environment.
- Local College Students
- Computer and photo/ labeling software.