Design | Oakland, CA | Part Time and Internship
About Eden Enterprises:
Eden Enterprises is a vertically integrated cannabis company with expanding interests in retail, cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and intellectual property. Eden Enterprises hosts a number of operations comprising Garden of Eden (dispensary brand), Eden Infusions (distribution/manufacturing), Terpene Belt Farms (hemp brand) and Terpene Belt Processing (hemp processing). Our network of experience brought to the table by cannabis business veterans, both founding members and external partners, provides the basis for vertical integration across the entire cannabis supply chain.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Design Intern to create engaging designs according to EDEN design requirements. Candidate must have a strong will to seek answers and execute with precision. Here, you will be able to cut your teeth on design standards for both print and web - two very different mediums which require finesse in color theory, design balance, and intuitively. You will work under the supervision of our Design Director and Senior Designer to produce high-quality work. If you have a brand that you are trying to get off the ground, this is the job for you as training will directly apply towards the future success of your brand. This is a CPG company with a digital-first approach.
In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for details. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to create impactful designs that capture and promote our company vision and ultimately, mature cannabis culture.
- Participating in various design projects from concept to completion
- Producing drafts, prototypes and engaging design solutions both print and digital
- Listening to feedback to hone skills and improve design
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Challenge the design thinking with current trends
- Use various techniques to create drafts, models and prototypes
- Produce final design solutions (like logos, web banners, interfaces)
- Pitch creative ideas
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Take on special design tasks (e.g. color correction of photos, finishing up ads with existing templated layers...etc)
- Use feedback from other designers to improve
- Must be able to commute to our Oakland office at least 3 days of the week.
- Experience with design software (e.g. InVision, Figma) and graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping)
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Teamwork skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- BS/BA in Design or a related field
Eden enterprises is an equal opportunity employer, and do not unlawfully discriminate against, make employment decisions, or permit harassment based on perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, age sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S Military or veteran status, salary history, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Eden is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities, including by not limited to the Fair Pay Act, FEHA, and all applicable laws and ordinances regarding conviction and arrest history.