Technical Project Manager - eCurrency - Oakland, CA
Technology | SF Bay - East Bay | Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to oversee our global projects. The projects include software and hardware deployments, development of product features and frequent interactions with eCurrency external customers globally. Our projects are as diverse as our solution: custom hardware appliances, complex networks, cryptography, transactional systems of high-reliability and performance, security on all levels of the solution stack, a browser-based GUI. The projects are often challenging and involve large enterprises and governments in the developing world.
Project Manager will work with the rest of the management team and the technical and in-country teams and will be responsible for a timely delivery of our projects.
eCurrency is an early-stage software and hardware technology company creating digital currency enterprise solutions for e-money providers and banks. We aim to revolutionize the world of e-money by converting physical cash into digital fiat currency. We are a small company with a recent substantial funding and a great team of professionals. We operate globally and conduct much of our business outside of the US. You can learn more about us at ecurrency.net
- Work with highly skilled and experienced technologists in an agile product development environment
- Work with our external customers in the early formulation of project plans including both technical and non-technical components such as user training, PR announcements etc.
- Build complex project plans and schedules
- Work with the team and the CTO to execute the projects on time and within budget
- Lead internal and external project meetings, communicate schedules and issues, report to the customers and the management team
- Effectively manage customer expectations and internal delivery constraints
- Work with vendors to support the delivery of our system components
- Prepare internal and external technical communications and documentation
We understand that you may not possess all the skills listed below, but a successful Project Manager candidate will possess a substantial subset of the following:
- Significant past experience as a project manager of large projects executed by geographically distributed teams and diverse customer base.
- Good understanding of software engineering, networking, quality assurance, data center operations and similar other aspects of computer technology.
- Ability to translate between customer and internal communications and ability to translate technical jargon into customer-facing descriptions and documents
- Charisma, resiliency and level-headedness
- Flexibility to operate in a small company environment with often shifting priorities and limited resources
- Ability to easily and succinctly communicate technical concepts and ideas to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Project Management courses and certification
- Experience with computer security, secure communications and fundamentals of cryptography
- Experience with agile product development methodologies and approaches
- Motivation to do what’s necessary to achieve company goals under pressure
- An ability and a desire to learn daily and an ability to thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Pragmatic mind-set with an ability to adopt and adapt, appreciation for teamwork and for the efforts of other team members
- At least BS in a scientific or engineering discipline
- Be a key part of a revolutionary product
- Get early-stage company stock options and competitive salary in a stable series C environment with established customer value proposition and immediate customer deployments
- Be a part of an incredible, global team
- Learn not only new technical skills but also a new way of looking at money and the monetary system
- Be a part of our mission to reduce economic barriers for the unbanked population, especially in the developing world