Senior Technical Support Engineer – Tier 3 - eCurrency [SF],
Technology | SF Bay - East Bay | Full Time
Our Tier 3 support engineers are managing the future of money. Be one of the lucky few to learn the ins and outs of a high performance transaction processing engine, state of the art security and proprietary hardware components.
eCurrency is a creator of software, hardware and security underlying electronic fiat money issued and managed by Central Banks just like they issue banknotes and coins. We are revolutionizing the world of e-money and we are not alone in this opinion: check out www.ecurrency.net/news to see our recent press coverage. We are focusing on the developing world and on removing economic barriers for the unbanked. We are an early stage company with a recent substantial funding and a great team of professionals. We are a global company with presence in multiple countries.
We are looking for experienced, career support professionals to fill Tier-3 support needs, establish best in class support processes and mentor lower tiers support personnel.
- Recommend, document and implement support processes and tools for 24/7 operations of a global, distributed system
- Perform hands-on Tier 3 support of complex Linux-based systems on all levels of the stack: OS, network, databases, applications, user interfaces
- Conduct direct interactions with external customers globally and take ownership of overseeing resolution of customer issues
- Train, mentor and support global Tier 1 and Tier 2 support teams
- Have fun every day and be proud of being a key part of the e-money revolution.
- In depth technical understanding of Linux-based computing environments and a significant experience supporting them
- Track record of successfully designing and implementing support processes
- Track record of leading, mentoring and training support personnel
- Passion for and a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Significant experience supporting Linux computing environments
- Significant operational experience in technical call center and help desk teams
- Experience as either system administrator or developer in Linux environments
- Process design, documentation, network operations center, NOC, support team management experience
- Be a key part of a revolutionary product
- Get early-stage company stock options and competitive salary in a stable series C environment with established customer value proposition and immediate customer deployments
- Be a part of an incredible, global team
- Learn not only new technical skills but also a new way of looking at money and the monetary system
- Be a part of our mission to reduce economic barriers for the unbanked population, especially in the developing world