Senior Software Test Engineer
Technology | SF Bay - East Bay | Full Time
eCurrency is the creator of software, hardware and security technology underlying electronic currency issued and managed by Central Banks, just like they issue banknotes and coins. We are revolutionizing the world of e-money, and we are not alone in this opinion: check out www.ecurrency.net/news to see our recent press coverage. Our initial focus is on the developing world and on removing economic barriers for the unbanked. We are an early stage company with a recent substantial funding and a great team of professionals. We operate globally with a presence in multiple countries.
eCurrency delivers a novel, unique and patented combination of software, hardware, and cryptographic security protocols. We tackle a difficult and important problem which demands high security, high performance and high reliability.
You will be collaborating closely with our VP of Engineering to test our products and to build out our infrastructure for testing and deployment. Our customers literally issue money, so quality and reliability are of the utmost importance.
The job involves a combination of manual and automated testing in two broad areas: web UI and Android, and high throughput transactional system.
- Extend eCurrency's infrastructure for testing and deployment
- Ensure adequate testing of our releases through policies, automated tools, scripts, and manual testing
- Work closely with the development team to extend our automated test suite
- Manage ECurrency's configuration management and issue tracking
- Take ownership of testing and release related tasks
- Package and test builds for deployment
- Write and apply our acceptance test scripts
- Load and performance testing
- Broad and deep experience in testing - test automation, acceptance testing, load testing, and creating test plans and test scripts
- Extensive experience programming Bash scripts and at least one other major scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Experience with Jenkins, Travis, or related CI tools
- Good understanding of Linux systems administration
- Familiarity with relational databases sufficient to create simple database queries
- Excellent at troubleshooting at the systems and application level
- Familiarity with testing web applications
- Ability to use browser developer tools, to investigate problems and characterize them in-depth
- Experience with web testing tools, such as Selenium or Jasmine
- Java programming experience
- Knowledge of build and packaging tools
- Be a key part of a revolutionary product
- Get early-stage company stock options and competitive salary and benefits in a stable series C environment with established customer value proposition and immediate customer deployments
- Be a part of an incredible, global team
- Learn not only new technical skills but also a new way of looking at money and the monetary system
- Be a part of our mission to reduce economic barriers for the unbanked population, especially in the developing world