Sr. Electrical Engineer, LED Lamp Drivers
Engineering | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Job Description: Electrical/Sr. Electrical Engineer, LED Lamp Drivers
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
- Own product definition, complete product specifications and lead the entire advanced circuit design cycle while meeting size, thermal, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability and cost objectives.
- Drive implementation of new technologies into product development and innovation of new technologies for future products; protect intellectual property through patent disclosures.
- Actively create PCB layouts and coordinate and with the thermal, mechanical, embedded and system design throughout the product development cycle.
- Validate electrical designs through design reviews, product testing and detailed analysis.
- Resolve quality issues related to components or manufacturing, troubleshoot field-related technical issues and quickly implement product updates.
- Implement ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) to document changes to products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and 5+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of AC/DC constant current LED driver design using topologies such as Flyback, Buck, Boost, Buck/Boost, or SEPIC
- Experience developing and launching compact, high volume AC/DC LED drivers for US and Global compliance (UL and IEC safety, Power Factor/THD, EMC, flicker, audible noise)
- Understanding of circuit design for phase-cut (forward and reverse) compatibility and dimming highly preferred
- Ability to use electrical test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience in writing scripts and automated testing equipment (ATE) code for test automation
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.