Planner/Buyer - Contract
Finance | Costa Mesa, CA | Temporary
Job Description: Planner/Buyer
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, control and data science. Our ambition is to invent, inspire, and reshape how the world thinks about and interacts with artificial light. We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as INC 500 and Deloitte’s Fast 500 for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored. We are looking for an exceptional Supply Chain Specialist to join our team to provide support to all areas of the development process.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
We are looking for a Planner/Buyer to help us bring innovative lighting technologies to market that solve many of the industries constraints and points of friction. These technologies will be incorporated into architectural-specification-grade lighting products that will be used by world-renowned lighting designers to create the most beautiful spaces on Earth. In an industry ridden with “me-too” products that just offer more options and no new solutions, this technology is posed to give infinite solutions with few decisions.
- Balances supply and demand plans to ensure both short-term and long-term forecast requirements are achieved
- Optimizes raw material inventory liability while maintaining continuity of supply in order to achieve world-class on time delivery for customers
- Coordinates daily raw material transfers between manufacturing facilities to ensure that components are staged to fulfill customer orders on time
- Maintains Approved Vendor List with component costs, MOQ’s, lead times, and suppliers for all raw materials
- Provides regular status reports on full PO lifecycle to functional teams and management, as required
- Supports strategic negotiation efforts and develops negotiation trees for all key vendors and suppliers
- Manages new part number creation in NetSuite
- Creates Purchase Orders for both raw materials and outside processing suppliers to ensure that desired inventory stocking levels are met
- Follows up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Assists other supply chain functions as needed, such as NPI supply chain readiness, component cost down programs, and special customer requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems; NetSuite experience preferred
- Previous planning and scheduling experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes preferred
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.