PCB Layout Designer
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
PCB Layout Designer
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
- This position will support all phases of design, including schematic capture, layout, routing, symbol and footprint creation, generation of Gerber files, assembly drawings and other required PCB fabrication drawings and files as required.
- Responsible for generating libraries (symbols and pad stacks), layout a mixture of different types of technology boards, thru hole, smt and mixed with possibly blind and buried vias. The boards will have a wide range from very simple one-layer, single sided placement, to multi-layer double sided placement. Technology ranges from analog to high speed digital layouts. You must have the ability to setup the data base for specific technologies, input mechanical data, place, route, post process and output a full set of customer deliverables. Quality and attention to detail is very important.
- Responsible for interfacing with external contract manufacturers both domestic and overseas for production and local builds.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5 years’ experience of PCB Layout and a minimum of three years on Altium Designer for layout and schematic capture.
- The ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, design and technical documents.
- Good people skills, with the ability to work with Electrical Engineers, Test Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Fabrication and Assembly vendors.
- Knowledge of IPC specifications to aid your ability in design for manufacturability of both fabrication and assembly process.
- Must be willing to learn and grow with technology.
- Familiar with layout practices and theory for EMI/EMC mitigation
- Familiarity with PCB fabrication, design for manufacturing techniques for high volume designs.
- Extensive experience with Altium net classes, high voltage rules, variants and rooms.
- Experience with IPC standards.
- Experience in designing PCBs to safety agency compliance (UL/CE etc) standards
- Experience in PCB designs for line voltage application (AC/DC power supplies) and high speed digital.
- Experience with repository tools such as Tortoise and GitHub
- Understanding of Altium user databases
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.