Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
We are seeking a motivated Mechanical Engineer to play a critical role in our fast-growing, non-traditional, technology company. In this role, the Mechanical Engineer will work on a team that drives the concept, mechanical design and development of next generation LED lighting products and accessories.
We are looking for expertise in manufacturing technologies including experience in injection molded and extruded plastics, die cast and extruded aluminum, stamping, forming, and spinning of sheet metal. It is also critical to have some knowledge in secondary and finishing operations including but not limited to post mold/cast machining, anodization, painting, hard coating, and vacuum metallization.
Since we are developing high technology lighting fixtures, experience with products requiring electronics packaging, thermal management, and aesthetic requirements are very important.
The Mechanical Engineer will also create 2D drawings, BOMs, and other documentation necessary for product implementation; vendor selection; tooling trials (on-site and otherwise) to determine form, fit and functionality; documentation of new inventions and interaction with outside counsel to protect them.
- 3D models and assemblies that meet the performance, cost and size constraints defined in the Products Requirement Document
- Design simulations (stress, thermal) to provide early proof of concept for designs
- Prototypes of parts and assemblies to show form, fit and function
- Design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned
- 2D prints and BOM, with assembly process documentation
- Conduct design and print reviews with cross-functional teams
- Prototype tests and validation results, document multi-dimensional activities
- Keep up-to-date on state-of-the art technologies
- Competitive bench marking for each project
- Technical support for production issues debug and resolution
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design
- 2 years of professional experience in mechanical systems design directed toward consumer hard products (lighting desired but not necessary)
- Proficiency with mechanical CAD (Pro/E, SolidWorks, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.