Manufacturing Operations Manager
Operations | Costa Mesa, CA | Full Time
Manufacturing Operations Manager:
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
The Manufacturing Operations Manager is responsible for the supervision and oversight of the daily operations of our Orange County Architectural Linear manufacturing facility to ensure that quality products are produced and delivered on-time for all customer orders. The Manufacturing Operations Manager is also responsible for facilities maintenance, safety, staffing, training, and admirative leadership. This key role will manage all site employees, organize schedules, lead the organization to meet performance goals, and other administrative duties.
Expertise: As an expert in manufacturing technologies and processes, the organization will look to you for guidance and leadership when making key decisions in materials selection, design, supplier qualifications and selections, and resolving quality or yield problems.
Decisiveness: You will quickly take control of a complex and chaotic situation where time is of the essence to separate the facts from emotions to decisively direct all internal and external stakeholders in the most effective and productive parallel directions to ensure the optimal outcome in any given situation.
Conscientiousness: At Ecosense we are often faced with challenges that simply have never been attempted in our industry before. Our product platform strategy, our supply chain strategy, and marketing strategy are all disruptive and uniquely Ecosense. In this environment where you may not always have the luxury of time, your organizational skills, forward thinking, compassion and leadership capabilities will be challenged daily. As the Manufacturing Manager, you are consistently the most effective person to lead the success of every customer project.
- Organize and ensure on time execution to production schedules. Interface with Engineering, Planning, Purchasing, and Project Management to ensure proper scheduling of plant resources to meet customer requirements.
- Oversight and management of day-to-day facility, operations, and personnel of multiple assembly and manufacturing sites.
- Oversight of custom project feasibility assessments to ensure optimal solutions are shipped on time, on budget and at the highest level of quality
- Leadership and direct oversight of reported field issues to identify and resolve systemic causes
- Determine root causes to quality and performance issues to drive improvements in quality and efficiency.
- Develop, implement and drive continuous improvement strategies in technology, quality, equipment and environment.
- Actively identify opportunities to lower operational costs and improve quality. Recommend and justify purchase of new technology or equipment necessary to improve overall plant productivity and Quality.
- Develop and implement formal documented processes for reviewing, hiring and training of temporary and full-time permanent employees.
- Implement formal training and assessment program by positions
- Ensure the ERP system is leveraged to drive business and is utilized properly by all participating employees.
- Ensure inventory processes are developed and maintained at all levels and across all stages to drive a high level of accuracy.
- Provide leadership to resolve production issues, quality issues, delivery issues, materials shortage issues, and interpersonal conflict resolution.
- Provide leadership to implement the company safety program and achieve safety goals.
Must be a hands-on leader who is able to effectively promote cooperation and coordination across the organization to ensure quality control and efficiency. This role will be required to handle many tasks at once and requires strong organizational and time management talents.
Must have a proven work experience in meeting production goals, high quality control standards, and meeting performance metrics such as; on-time delivery, commitment accuracy, Quality, and inventory target levels. Demonstrated ability to creatively solve difficult problems.
Must have experience in managing manufacturing environments of high mix low to medium volume assembly of electronic and mechanical systems.
Experience in Metal fabrications, CNC machining, electronics assemblies, and finish processes for anodizing, wet and powder painting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- 5+ years of experience managing electronics systems manufacturing processes
- 5+ years of experience managing production and/or project management experience
- Ability to effectively manage time and program costs through activity duration, sequencing, schedule development and control, resource planning, cost estimating, and budget control
- Broad understanding of key manufacturing areas including; planning, purchasing, kitting, assembly, shipping/logistics, manufacturing engineering, quality, and inventory management
- Ability to work with minimal daily supervision, backed by strong and sound decision-making ability
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to track and resolve issues across multiple organizations simultaneously
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills are required to influence customers (internal and external) and other managers
- Self-starter and ability to effectively work independently
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Good understanding of statistics and statistical modelling
- Extensive experience with MPS/MRP systems
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.