Director of Sales, NY
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Director of Sales, NY
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
- Use the companies Go to Market playbook to create strategies and plans that drive sales in the New York region
- Within 18-24 months have best practices implemented in your region compared to other North America regions
- Measurement of success will be based on penetration rates by product family. Penetration rate should be north of the average of the top 10 North America Specification Markets
- Ability to effectively launch new products into market
- Mandate the adoption of sales tools Hubspot and Sisense within your region
- Hubspot and Sisense should be viewed as tools to track activity, success, and areas that need to be improved
- Partner with VP of Sales and the finance team to craft aggressive annual quotas that are linked to the best in-class penetration rates
- Initiate accurate sales forecasts that provide information to management of each customer’s potential revenue within the sales cycle
- Ability to manage others while still being responsible for a territory (Player/Coach)
- Plan, conduct, and lead marketing activities, e.g., informational seminars and/or user group seminars. Attend and participate in Company sponsored trade shows
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is preferred
- Industry experience is required
- Results oriented and driven
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent presentation skills and intimate contacts with local business associations
- Detail oriented, sensitive to customers’ needs and company’s requirement for interaction to record and track customer information in company CRM program
- Ability to adapt creative solutions
- Strong business acumen
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and have strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Travel Required; Field time/customer face to face 75%+
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.