Director of Program Management
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Director of Program Management
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
The Director of Program Management will partner across all the major functions to lead our Program Management function:
- Owning and continuously improving our new product creation and launch process
- Ensuring the resourcing, efficiency, and effectiveness of our portfolio of development projects
- Driving the complete development cycle for our cutting-edge products
- Ensuring full transparency while acting as a key liaison between development teams and leadership.
The right candidate will manage and support a team of program managers who drive high performing project teams to effectively develop and launch new products, striking the right balance of quality, performance, schedule, and cost goals. The Director of Program Management will also manage individual programs as needed and will have a strong bias to action, supported by critical thinking and personal skills that make you an exceptional leader and role model. The ability to translate complex issues and program inter-dependencies into clear and actionable plans is critical to ensuring success.
- Recruit, develop, and grow a high caliber Program Management team
- Lead end to end program planning, execution, and management
- Create and maintain program plans throughout the program lifecycle, holding yourself and the team accountable to the plan
- Connect Product Management, HW and SW Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, and Marketing to deliver seamless end to end program execution resulting in high quality product launches
- Manage individual programs as needed
- Set clear expectations for what’s needed through each phase of the product development and launch process
- Understand resource availability and allocations, highlighting and resolving gaps proactively
- Manage program budgets for team and executive review
- Use your long-range radar to effectively manage risk and prevent surprises
- Deliver concise, consistent, and timely communications
- Be an expert meeting facilitator, able to confidently deliver updates to executives
- Constantly challenge to improve what, why, and how we do things
- Act with the highest integrity and transparency, ensuring misalignments are identified and resolved
- Ensure knowledge is shared and easily accessible
- Roll up your sleeves to support the team in solving everyday problems – know when to escalate
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in program management and project management
- Knowledgeable in program management methodology and techniques; performance evaluation and change management principles (PLM knowledge a plus)
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite; working knowledge of program/project management software - Basecamp, MS Project, Smartsheet, or similar
- Experience with compiling and following strict budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.