Director of National Accounts
Sales | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Director of National Accounts
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how the world experiences light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry, and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that have not been explored.
We are seeking a well-established Director of National Accounts to play a critical, leading role in our fast-growing, non-traditional, lighting and technology company.
The Director of National Accounts will work closely with the V.P. of Sales to create a World Class National Accounts Team and Strategy that will be a key pillar to the company’s long-term growth.
In this role, the Director of National Accounts identifies potential accounts, new business development opportunities and converts new accounts into long-term relationships. Additionally, lead our efforts to maintain and expand relationships with large, multi-location customers. The candidate is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. Overall, the Director of National Accounts represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
Since we are developing high technology LED lighting fixtures, the ability to quickly digest and sell high-technology products is very important.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
- This role will be required to be a Coach/Player while directing a National Accts Team along with having your own revenue requirements
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with corporate accounts and end users
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with National Acct distributors, while not fully relying on them to drive a majority of revenues
- Establish, manage, and monitor new processes to relieve or alleviate customer business concerns or workflow processes (Remove friction from the customer)
- Establish ongoing performance requirements and ensure effective processes to monitor contract agreements to include service levels, pricing, vendor agreements, and customer support
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Lead all sales prospecting activities with National Account opportunities, including identification, pitch, negotiation and close
- Manage all top-level relationships at current National Account customers and ensure we are meeting high-level needs
- Executes corporate strategy and develops synergistic integration with target specific goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is preferred
- Industry experience is preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value propositions
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a faced paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Passion and commitment for customer success
- Proven sales and national account experience are required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze account specific needs to develop and implement a strategic plan and to grow business
- Ability to forecast both short- and long-range revenue growth and partnering opportunities
- Conducts regular business reviews and site visits
- Ability to adapt creative solutions
- Results oriented and driven
- Strong business acumen
- Travel up to 75% or more as needed
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.