Director of Marketing Strategy
Marketing | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Director of Marketing Strategy
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
We are looking for a Director of Marketing Strategy to help us tell our compelling story. The Director of Marketing Strategy will drive the creation and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy across all our brands and products that leads to exponential revenue growth, increased brand recognition and drives consumer and market awareness.
- Define and own marketing strategies to support the company's overall roadmap and business objectives
- Manage, mentor and inspire the marketing team
- Ensure all created marketing and brand strategies and material identify and powerfully convey our unique technology and capture our vison and brand
- Develop deep expertise on industry, audiences, competitors, and priorities
- Lead strategic input and development of strategies inclusive of competitive landscape, research, key target audiences, etc.
- Using known marketing techniques to gather and analyze data as well as identifying new and less traditional methods, implement marketing and branding campaigns based on key metrics and analytics that result in increased customers and revenue
- Ensure that all marketing functions and operations, including product development, branding, communications, and trade show exhibition messaging is aligned to overall company marketing strategy
- Work closely with the functional leaders of Product Management, Sales, and Engineering to communicate and ensure critical elements of company offerings are aligned with overall strategy
- Lead creative input process working with the creative team to shape campaigns that align with strategy and meet business goals
- Ensure the communications strategy, marketing plans and brand narrative across all customer touch points is consistent and aligned.
- BS/BA Degree in Marketing or other relevant discipline with demonstrated success in building effective corporate marketing strategy and teams for highly technical products
- 7+ years' experience building unique and compelling marketing strategies that make an impact on overall business plans.
- Specific success creating marketing strategies from scratch that identify, capture, and translate complexity into clarity
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally in start-up and/or innovation driven organization.
- Proven ability to use data to drive decisions and gain company leaders’ support for marketing initiatives and investments
- In-tune with economic indicators and the latest in marketing trends; able to provide strategic direction for short and long-term
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation mindset – able to think creatively, act independently and challenge the norm. Proactive work ethic, can-do attitude
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.