Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Job Description: Accounting Manager
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
Ecosense Lighting is on the hunt for an Accounting Manager in Los Angeles! We're looking for a highly motivated individual who will deliver accurate and speedy work. The ideal candidate loves working with numbers, has a solid background in accounting, and is always ready to do what it takes to tackle projects of all sizes. This position reports to the Controller.
- Hands-on management and integral contributor to the full cycle accounting process including journal entries, month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, and assisting in the preparation of the financial statements
- Provide significant oversight and support with all audits, including financial, bank, and tax
- Compliance with all local and state sales tax regulations
- Accurate and timely calculation of monthly sales commissions
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules, including ensuring proper recording of purchases and disposals
- Maintain the intangible assets and associated amortization schedules
- Oversee, maintain and reconcile other balance sheet accounts including prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities
- Accurate recording of all inventory, including raw materials, WIP, and finished goods
- Assist in the development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending improvements
- Be a key contributing member in maintaining an environment of best in class internal controls
- Manage, develop, and mentor accounting team
- Must have an Accounting or Business degree and at least 7 years of experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge and oversight of auditing practices and principles preferred
- CPA certification is a plus
- Preferably experience in a Big 4 accounting firm
- IPO experience a huge plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills – advanced Excel user a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Must constantly demonstrate pride of ownership and work product
- Ability to exceed expectations both as a team player and as a sole contributor
- Must show a strong desire to learn and to knowledge-share
- Experience with NetSuite highly desirable
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.