Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
Responsible for performing monthly financial planning and forecasting function supporting forecast and plan financial data in financial statement format. Performing the general accounting function primarily concerning the accuracy and maintenance of general ledger accounts and the resulting financial statements. Daily reporting of order, shipment, backlog activity used to report key daily, weekly, and monthly metrics.
- Creating and entering journal entries for month end closing of the general ledger. This is achieved through interaction with other business units, reconciliation of data from production and billings systems, and manual calculations.
- Coding invoices with general ledger account and submitting requests for set up of new vendors. This is achieved through review and approval of invoices, submission of SMF forms for approval and review of chart of accounts for appropriate coding.
- Model and enter data for monthly/annual financial planning and forecasting. Monitor daily order and shipment activity, communicate with manufacturing and operating personnel on current operations costs
- Accumulate and report order, shipment, and backlog activity. Retrieve data from production and order management systems, and group data to achieve necessary reports. Analyze and compare data to evaluate current and future position.
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of financial accounting practices.
- Effective user of Oracle ERP, Discoverer, Hyperion.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor's Degree - Accounting
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.