Sr. Software Engineer- feeds
Engineering | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and fifth largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide. We seek to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers. Along with the global marketplaces, Rakuten supports an ever expanding list of acquisitions and strategic investments in disruptive industries and growing markets.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen and a dynamic office environment. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
We are looking for a talented software development engineer to help extend and maintain our feed management platform. Our feed management platform utilizes metadata driven design techniques to provide an ‘any in’ to ‘any out’ set of capabilities. This is an opportunity to make a difference on one of the largest product catalogs in the world.
· Extend and maintain a custom pluggable service oriented framework for data importation, transformation, cleansing, validation and extraction
· Extend and maintain a custom data generation solution
· Be able to communicate with the management team effectively and clearly
· Work in an agile environment
· Deliver projects on time
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of demonstrable experience using Java
· Strong SQL knowledge
· Experience working with large data sets
· Must have strong abstraction abilities and be able to create good logical data models
· Solid pattern recognition abilities, including experience writing complex RegEx
· Excellent knowledge of web file transfer protocols
· Knowledge of internationalization, character sets and locales
· Knowledge of JSON, XML and XPath
· Strong knowledge of Linux