Senior Web Development Engineer - Team Lead
Engineering | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This ideal candidate must be a highly motivated individual, self-starter with excellent communication and team collaboration skills. A passion for solving business problems and exceeding expectations through the development of leading edge, disruptive technologies are extremely desired.
- 5+ years of front end web development and programming experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with Java Spring MVC framework and Java Velocity Templating Engine will be advantageous
- Experience with server side languages such as Java, .NET, PHP and Ruby a plus
- Advanced OOP, DOM manipulation and AJAX experience
- Experience working with REST APIs using JSON, XML, etc.
- Experience with web API integration
- Experience with Responsive Design using frameworks such as Bootstrap, etc.
- Experience with designing and optimizing for mobile web and mobile devices
- Strong competencies with design patterns such as MVC
- Be able to work with product management and creative teams to create fully functionally pages and applications from design mockups
- Strong attention to details, problem solving skills and extremely hands on
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN, GIT, etc.
- Experience in a structured environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity
- Experience mentoring junior employees
- Previous experience with e-commerce, affiliate marketing or online advertising a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.