Senior Technical Product Manager
Product Management | San Diego, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
Ebates seeks a Senior Technical Product Manager with a nose for driving business results. You are an engineer by training who now works in product, are willing to dig into the technical details of the products you manage and you don't accept hand-waving explanations.
You will lead our platform efforts to build a seamless shopping experience across a growing list of global merchants; our "Universal Shopping Cart" (USC). USC works across channels, retailers, and borders to make diverse shopping experiences easier.
You will work with our overall product lead for USC and our Engineering, Design, Legal, Finance and Customer Support teams to triage acute issues as well as define integration priorities, the product roadmap, key performance indicators and internal processes that result in delightful customer experiences.
- Help arm Ebates' merchant account managers and business development with information on USC
- Communicate with merchants (Internet Retailer 2000) directly about our efforts and facilitate their buy in
- Define, refine and monitor processes for website parsing efforts that allow us to measure, improve and execute quality integrations
- Lead checkout api product initiatives with our partners (merchants, ecommerce platforms and technology providers)
- Write clear, well defined user stories for our engineering teams that build short and long term features
- Advocate for prioritization that moves your initiatives forward
- Identify and execute initiatives to broaden Ebates product coverage through web crawling
- Own the product-side of our PCI compliance, it's apis and credit card vault
- Develop, monitor and maintain metrics for measuring success. Drive a data-informed culture that promotes "test and verify"
- Collaborate with your demand-side counterpart to develop focused priorities based on feedback from customers
- Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a product manager on web or SaaS products
- Deep understanding of web technology with examples in product and engineering
- Relentless focus on quality and data-informed decisions
- Understand how to work effectively across channels and across borders
- Cheerfully persistent and persuasive, results-oriented team leader
- Highly entrepreneurial yet able to work up and down our organization to develop scalable solutions
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.