Senior QA Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Senior QA Manager. Your overall responsibility will be to ensure the Ebates highly trafficked consumer website is performing at its best as we keep adding new products and features. We are looking for a “Full Stack QA Engineer”. If you have a programming and full stack test background (including Automation and Load Testing), and the ability and attitude to assume more responsibilities as you grow with us, then this is a great opportunity for you. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- UI testing, black box, functional, automated regression, performance and load testing
- Create and execute test plans and test cases
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record and report issues
- Deploy/Install backend applications on Linux servers
- Develop, implement and execute full stack tests
- Create automated tests using Java/Selenium; Python/Robot Framework
- Plan and execute Performance and Load tests using JMeter
- Maintain UAT environment
- Coordinate with Ebates’ offshore development and QA teams
- At least 4+ years experience with manual and automated testing
- Experience with writing test cases using Java and Selenium
- Experience in creating and executing test plans using JMeter
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and web development tools
- Knowledge of messaging system
- Experience with Linux OS
- Good understanding of the development processes
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with database (Postgres preferred)
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work in team, multi-task and be flexible with working hours
- Python and Robot Framework experience
- JMeter; TestNG
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.