Senior Product Manager - DSP and Data
Product Management | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to focus on our DSP (Demand-Side Platform) and data management. Being able to converse with developers about data structures, system design and technical KPIs are key. This high-impact position will take lead on direction and strategy in one of our most integral systems, leading discussions around business needs and mentoring other team members to achieve success.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for product strategy, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, contributing to the product vision and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Identify and understand emerging trends and opportunities in the retargeting space to enhance current product portfolio and work with Rakuten Display Product team to develop solutions
- Oversee the development of new Products whether through 3rd party integration or Rakuten Display development teams
- Responsible for designing and implementing new products including gathering/writing requirements/use cases, etc.
- Responsible for the documentation and carrying out of training for customer service/technical support for new products
- Manage an array of product partners such as DSPs, Tag Managers, Attribution providers, Ad Servers, etc.
- Develop a product strategy for new products, work with the Rakuten Display Sales team to launch new products to their clients
- Constantly revisit/re-evaluate current Product Management processes in order to increase efficiency
- Executing projects as the lead and coordinating with other Product Managers to achieve success Any other task or duty as assigned or required
- BS degree in Marketing or a computer-oriented technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years of Product Management or Product Marketing Management experience
- A track record in working directly with software development teams to deliver successful projects on time
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors on new technologies
- At least 3 years experience writing Use Cases and User Stories
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Agile development
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with building business models and determining ROIs for software development products
- Willingness to learn new technologies in a fast paced industry
- Able to work independently to accomplish business KPI’s
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Scrum Certified a plus
- Skill in building wireframes and User Interface Design
- Familiarity with online marketing, retargeting and display advertising
- Experience with e-commerce or online marketing applications
- Familiarity with decision support, analytical applications, or CRM
- Familiarity with software development tracking software (i.e. Jira, Confluence)
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.