Senior Java Engineer
Engineering | San Diego, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
We are in search of a Senior Java Engineer. This is a great opportunity to join early in the team and build/own the infrastructure.
You will be working with a small agile team to design and develop a new platform to power in-store cash back. The platform utilizes enterprise integration patterns and exposes functionality through a RESTful API and a web interface. You will be closely working with Product Managers to build reliable, highly available and performant systems to power great user experiences. As the team grows, there will be opportunities to lead and mentor more junior-level Engineers on a project basis. Position is located at our San Diego, California office and reports to the Technical Manager. The expectation is to work full-time in the office with a lot of flexibility in making your own schedule.
- 5+ years of solid Java back-end experience
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, OOPS principles and data structures
- Strong knowledge of at least some of the following frameworks/technologies – Hibernate, Spring, REST, Ehcache, Camel, JMS, XML, JSON and continuous integration
- Experience with Mysql and RDBMS best practices
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Project lead experience is a plus
- Experience working with these technologies are a huge plus: AWS, AngularJS, Mobile development and Docker
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.