Senior Android Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
We are in search of a Senior Android Engineer. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco. Help us continue to design and build the best mobile streaming experience for Android phones and tablets. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement our flagship Android app which is used by hundreds of thousands of users every day
- Work closely with Product Managers and UX Designers to flesh out details and execute on requirements, with a keen eye towards quality and automated testing
- Work with backend teams to develop robust end to end features
- Make others better through mentoring and promoting a collaborative team culture
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related environment
- 2+ years building native applications for Android devices
- Portfolio of published applications
- Experience with Java and knowledge of Android design patterns
- Experience working with other Android developers as part of a team
- Experience with entire product lifecycle duties in an Agile environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.