Search Engineer - ShopStyle
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com.
We are in search of a Search Engineer. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Senior Manager, Catalog, ShopStyle. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Measure and evaluate a large corpus of searches
- Design and implement search engines using current search technologies
- Apply automated testing to our suite of search engines
- Improve search platform scalability and performance
- Maintain search models and data feed which populates the search data
- BS in Computer Science or demonstrated sustained success in the Software Engineering field
- 5+ years of core Java programming experience
- Past experience in the field of search and information retrieval
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Lucene or Solr
- Excellent understanding of backend web technologies
- Passion for keeping up with new technologies and industry trends
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.