Sales Development Representative - Rakuten
Sales | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
We are hiring a Sales Development Representative for our Rakuten.com team that is located in San Mateo. Our dream candidate is highly motivated, collaborative, and a strategic hunter with a passion for evangelizing the Rakuten.com philosophy and value proposition with enthusiasm. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Drive new business development opportunities with outbound prospecting and cold calling into key target companies
- Follow up on a high volume of new leads in a rapid manner
- Continually innovate on new ways to creatively reach decision makers at target accounts
- Record lead and prospect activity in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Storyboard and communicate value of Rakuten.com platform in-person and via WebEx
- Work closely with account management team to define category and target lists
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University
- 2-4+ years in Business Development at retail, technology, or eCommerce company
- Sold and closed deals with IR 200 retailers
- Maintained relationships with key decision makers at IR 500 companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hungry, positively aggressive, curious, and creative
- Startup and growth company mentality, weathered for rapid rates of change
- You should be competitive, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to win
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.