Engineering | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth e-commerce company operating in the U.S. and internationally, providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users.
We are always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you are passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we would like to talk with you!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This is a full-time position located in San Mateo and reports to the QA Director. Your overall responsibility will be to ensure that the Ebates highly trafficked consumer website is performing at its best, as we keep adding new products and features. We are not looking for a “Tester”. If you have a programming and full stack test background, and the ability and attitude to assume more responsibilities as you grow with us, then this is a great opportunity for you. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- UI testing, black box, functional, automated regression and performance testing
- Create and execute test plans and test cases
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record and report issues
- Deploy/Install backend applications on Linux servers
- Develop, implement and execute full stack tests
- Create automated tests using Java/Selenium; Python/Robot Framework
- Maintain UAT environment
- Coordinate with Ebates’ offshore development and QA teams
- At least 3+ years experience with manual and automated testing
- Experience with writing test cases using Java and Selenium
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and web development tools
- Strong Linux/Unix experience is desired
- Good understanding of the development processes
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with database (Postgres preferred)
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work in team, multi-task and be flexible with working hours
- 1+ years experience with API and web services testing
- Python and Robot Framework experience
- JMeter; TestNG
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.