QA Automation Engineer
Engineering | San Diego, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
You will be collaborating with a small team of skilled Software Engineers and Product Managers to work on new strategic projects. Together with an agile team develop and translate business goals into high quality, reliable and scalable technology. In order to deliver faster and set a high quality bar we invest the time and commitment to automating tests. We use a wide variety of tools such a unit, integration and Selenium tests.
This position is located in the Ebates San Diego, CA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, executing and automating QA tasks
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record and report issues
- Work closely with cross functional and remote teams to deliver a complete user experience
- Collaborate with QA team members to learn and grow as an engineer
- Collaborate and work with team members in office. There’s flexibility in time schedules and telecommuting opportunities. No one likes being stuck in traffic
- Stick to the process and provide honesty and insights on how ways to improve the process
- 3+ years of experience in executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
- Strong programming skills desired
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work in team, multi-task and flexible with working hours
- Experience in testing RESTful web services and backend APIs
- Experience with both JSON and XML
- Experience working with a unit testing framework (e.g. JUnit, TestNG)
- Small team with very few to no meetings. On some days it’s just the morning scrum
- MacBook Pro
- Adjustable standing desk
- Competitive compensation based on experience; Employee Stock Option program
- Location: Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA. Two miles from the beach and three blocks from the bay
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.