Product Manager - Ad Tech (Rakuten)
Product Management | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Please enter some information about your company here.
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth e-commerce company operating in the U.S. and internationally, providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users.
We are always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you are passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we would like to talk with you!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, contributing to the product vision and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Identify and understand emerging trends and opportunities in the mobile advertising space to enhance current product portfolio and work with Rakuten Display Product team to develop solutions
- Own the development of new products and features through 3rd party integration or Rakuten Display development teams
- Responsible for designing and implementing new products and features including gathering/writing requirements/use cases, etc.
- Responsible for the documentation and carrying out of training for customer service/technical support for new products
- Evangelize your product vision to stakeholders and senior management through data analysis, and competitive research
- Build strong relationships with geographically distributed teams
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required
- BS degree in Marketing or a computer-oriented technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of Product Management experience, in ad technology or related space
- A track record in working directly with software development teams to deliver successful projects on time
- Experience in optimization and analytics a huge plus
- Technical product management experience, developer background a plus
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors on new technologies
- At least 2 years experience writing use cases and user stories
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Excellent written (documents, and presentations) and verbal communication abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies in a fast paced industry
- Scrum Certified a plus
- Familiarity with online marketing, retargeting and display advertising
- Experience with e-commerce or online marketing applications
- Familiarity with decision support, analytical applications, or CRM
- Familiarity with software development tracking software (i.e. Jira, Confluence)
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.