Lead QA Engineer
Engineering | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
Product Catalog, Search & Personalization is an exciting project at Ebates. Our mission is to provide an accurate, compelling catalog with millions of products covering our thousands of merchant partners – and build highly relevant search and recommendations engines to take our search and e-commerce offering to the next level.
This platform will use our Big Data infrastructure, open source scalable search platform and cutting edge machine learning/statistical modeling and it will be highly leveraged within the company, becoming the foundation for our next-generation of applications.
Be part of an awesome R&D team where you get inspired by talented people, challenges and mission to change the e-commerce landscape! Plus, you’ll help millions of Ebates members worldwide get the best deals available!
We are looking for hands-on Lead QA Engineer for Product Catalog, Search & Personalization. The position is located in San Mateo with flexibility to work from the San Francisco office.
You will be responsible for leading design, development & execution of QA tasks this project.
This is a great opportunity to join early and influence the technology, processes and own the infrastructure and expand your role to assume more responsibilities as you grow with the company.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: White-box, Functional, Automated regression and Performance testing
- Create and execute test plans and test cases
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record and report issues
- Deploy/Install backend applications on Linux servers
- Develop, implement, and execute manual tests of backend Java applications
- Creating automated tests
- 5+ years’ experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
- Knowledge and experience with at least one programming or scripting language (Java preferred).
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with database Mysql or Postgres
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to work in team, multi-task and flexible with working hours
- Plus for experience with Big Data (Cassandra/Hadoop) and machine learning based technologies
- Education in Engineering / Computer Science
- Preferred Skills
- Familiar with Unix/Linux commands
- Experience in testing automation tools like Selenium, (preferred) SOAPUI, JUnit, TestNG, JMeter etc.
- Experience with the Agile development process
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.