Fraud Investigation Specialist
Customer Service | Beloit, WI | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This position is responsible for determining if fraudulent activity and/or abuse have transpired with members’ accounts and taking appropriate action to resolve these situations. Uses critical thinking skills to analyze data and multiple reports to understand member activity. Employs strong detail orientation and proficient communication skills to interact with members and maintain account documentation. Assists with member payment activities and performs Tier 1 duties as needed along with advanced Tier 2 support to online shoppers through application of knowledge of our organization, its services and products while using patience, professionalism and positivity. Resolves problems by clarifying members’ requests, questions and complaints, analyzing situations to determine best use of resources, and coordinating with merchant affiliate network(s) to rectify higher cash back valued customer inquiries.
- Evaluate member inquiries to determine account issues.
- Use internal reporting to analyze complexity of issues and take appropriate actions.
- Analyze researched data to detect fraud and/or abuse.
- Update member accounts and records from research findings.
- Consolidate multiple member accounts.
- Process member ad hoc payments and provide verification of members’ payments that
- have cleared the bank.
- Select the best solutions to solve problems and then explain resolutions to members.
- Communicate with the team and others in the company to solve problems as needed.
- Expedite corrections or adjustments for escalated account concerns.
- Follow-up to ensure resolutions.
- Answer, return and resolve member phone calls and document summary notes about calls in the members’ accounts.
- Perform Tier 1 duties when workload demands.
- Provide customer service for issues escalated by Tier 1 and 2.
- Provide feedback to management regarding Tier 1 escalation accuracy.
- Provide on-the-job training for new employees.
- Recognize, document and alert manager of trends.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Issue late payments to members when applicable.
- · High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- · Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent preferred
- 3-4 years customer service experience required
- 2-3 years experience handling escalated and irate customer contacts over the phone and
- email channel highly preferred
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software preferable
- Customer service experience in the high tech/internet industry preferred
- Proficiency with computer systems, email programs, and internet navigation
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Exceptional phone skills for escalated member communications
- Proficient problem solving ability
- Adept detail orientation
- Strong word processing and typing skills
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks while speaking with members on the phone
- Accuracy with language and numbers
- Persistence, determination, and a firm but friendly manner
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.