Director of Engineering, Mobile
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is the "Amazon of Japan", and a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
We are searching for a Director of Engineering to join our mobile team as we continue to scale up. This person will be the engineering leader across Android, iOS, and mobile web teams.
If you live & breathe mobile & are an exceptional technical leader, we want to hear from you. The mobile team operates similar to a startup within the larger organization, with the goal of taking full advantage of the strengths of mobile devices in e-commerce. This is an opportunity to help scale a successful mobile business with an amazing team, and make a big impact on the mobile e-commerce space at the same time.
You will get to work across all of our properties (Ebates US and International, FatWallet, Pushpins, OneReceipt, & BFAds), and on new and disruptive products that are revolutionizing mobile shopping, payments and marketing.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- 2+ years building native applications for iPhone, iPad and/or Android devices
- Portfolio of published applications
- Prior Manager-level experience leading Android, iOS or mobile web team members
- Experience with iOS framework, Objective-C, Swift and/or Java
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Solid understanding of the mobile ecosystem from reporting to 3rd party libraries and services
- Strong understanding of software development process/Agile/lean
- Full stack capabilities and have experience designing with restful APIs
- Good understanding of Android and/or iOS UI patterns and style guides
- Work with brilliant hard-working people on a profitable product that is growing like crazy
- Beautiful top floor location with 360 degree view of SF, stocked kitchen, loads of employee special events
- Huge monitors and the latest Mac of your choice
- Competitive compensation; Restricted Stock Options
- Possible domestic/international travel (offices in NYC, San Diego, Shanghai)
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.