Information Technology | San Diego, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
Please note this is a full-time position located in our San Diego office. This position is a critical engineering role in the the Technology Operations organization to build and operate our webstack infrastructure and automate service deployments. Your responsibilities will develop tools and strategies for configuration, deployment, testing and monitoring to support our goal of security compliance 100% up-time and quick turnaround of new code deployments for the engineering organization.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant.
- Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their environment setup and service automation needs.
- Develop system and service deployment scripts for Production and Pre-Production web services in an VMware and AWS hybrid environment
- Develop a process to make DevOps as part of the engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle.
- Ensure the secure deployment and operations processes to be PCI compliant.
- Server and Application monitoring & analytics
- Passionate about automation and infrastructure as code principles
- Available for 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.
Required Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of experience in Linux & Webstack administration for an E-Commerce company
- 5+ years of experience in Nginx/Apache and PHP is mandatory
- 3+ years of solid experience working in DevOps role
- 3+ years working experience with VMware, F5
- 3+ years working experience with AWS VPC
- System build configuration automation using one of Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking principles and concepts
- Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Python
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning
- Build and release automation tools: Jenkins/Teamcity
- Knowledge of payment systems and PCI standards is a plus
- Knowledge of Docker containers is a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.