Engineering | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
We are in search of a Data Engineer. This is a full-time position located in San Mateo and reports to the Director, Data & Analytics Platform. We are looking for a Data Engineer to build and manage some of our financial data processing jobs and reports. The Data Engineer will also contribute to overall big data platform development. You will work on some of the emerging technologies and tools for data analytics and will have opportunities to be part of some innovative and prestigious projects. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and build our Big Data pipeline that can transfer and process several terabytes of data using Apache Spark, Python, Apache Kafka, Hive and Impala
- Design/Build reports and dashboards using Tableau
- Perform ad hoc data analysis, data processing and data visualization using SQL and other scripts
- Design and build data applications that will drives or enhances our products and customer experience
- Self starter and a team player. Highly motivated to add value to the team and platform using innovations around data and data applications
- Work directly with product stakeholders at the company to help them solve their most difficult problems
- Excellent Programming skills using Python or Scala
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Production Hadoop ecosystem
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting tools
- Well versed in software development principles and processes including: analysis, design and continuous delivery
- Good communication skills that can deal with diverse types of people from Data Science, Marketing, Finance, Product Management and QA groups
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.