Customer Services Representative (Seasonal)
Customer Service | Beloit, WI | Temporary and Temp to Perm
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
We are currently seeking a Member Services Representative responsible for using patience, professionalism and positivity to provide a variety of services to online shoppers through the application of knowledge of our organization, its services and products. This position resolves problems by clarifying members’ requests, questions and complaints, which frequently require analysis to determine best use of resources. Also maintains member records by updating account information.
Job Responsibilities - Daily
- Review support requests and clarify member complaints
- Determine cause of problems
- Select and explain the best solutions to solve problems
- Communicate with the team and others in the company to solve problems as needed
- Expedite corrections or adjustments
- Follow-up to ensure resolutions
- Provide weekly summary report to management outlining key topics, such as number of inquiries handled
Job Responsibilities – Periodic
- Recognize, document and alert supervisor of trends
- Recommend process improvements
- Provide on-the-job training for new team members
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have 2 - 3 years of customer service experience
- Proficiency with computer systems, email programs and internet navigation
- Ability to respond to member inquiries with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong word processing and typing skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Accuracy with language and numbers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Persistence, determination, and a firm but friendly manner
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience using customer relationship management software (CRM) preferable
- Customer Service experience in the high tech/internet industry preferred
- High School education or equivalent
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.