Business Intelligence Analyst, Marketing
Business Intelligence | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
Ebates has a product that people love. Why not join the Ebates team, and help to share that love! You will have the perfect avenue for deploying your analytics skills to support a fast growing, highly successful company. You’ll be working within the business intelligence team at Ebates, in close partnership with the acquisition marketing team. As a BI Analyst at Ebates, you’ll have an amazing opportunity to enter a growing team at a growing company, with a highly visible role to play. You’ll be supporting the senior manager of marketing analytics in delivering ever more comprehensive, actionable data to the acquisition marketing team.
- Analyze acquisition marketing data on a daily basis to identify issues/opportunities that are highlighted by the data, and then work with the various channel management teams to address those issues and opportunities
- Work with Marketing team members to identify new reporting and data requirements, document requirements, build reports and coordinate with engineering to provide the necessary data points
- Investigate anomalies in marketing data, and assist in any clean up or communication required as a result
- Undertake ad-hoc studies of marketing data to optimize the acquisition marketing program and drive business decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, or Math from a top-tier university
- 2-4 years of in-depth Business Intelligence, Consulting, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics experience
- Expert proficiency with SQL
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau Desktop a huge plus)
- Excel proficiency including experience with data manipulations – Lookups, PivotTables, External Data Connections
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper analytical processes and procedures, independently derive conclusions and present results to the team
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized. Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of advertising and attribution – TV, Online, or Mobile a huge plus
- Experience with Google Analytics implementation and reporting a plus
- Experience with Hadoop (Hive/Impala) and Python a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.