Business Development Manager
Sales | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
We are hiring a position to manage Business Development opportunities for Rakuten.com from our San Mateo headquarters. Our dream candidate is highly motivated, collaborative, and a strategic hunter with a passion for evangelizing the Rakuten.com philosophy and value proposition with enthusiasm. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and analysis for key target brands and/or categories
- Generates and pursues prospective new business development partnerships to fuel GMV
- Achieves or exceeds monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Manages and drives the pipeline activities as well as updates, tracks and monitors the opportunity pipeline for the team using Salesforce
- Storyboard and communicate value of Rakuten.com platform in-person and via WebEx
- Work closely with account management team to define category and target lists
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University
- 4-6+ years in Business Development at retail, technology, or eCommerce company
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Hunter/gatherer/builder skillset and prioritization
- Smart, creative, humble, hungry, funny, and nice
- You should be competitive, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to win
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.