Account Manager - Rakuten
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide. We seek to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers. Along with the global marketplaces, Rakuten supports an ever expanding list of acquisitions and strategic investments in disruptive industries and growing markets.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen and a dynamic office environment. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
We are seeking one of our first Account Managers to be the organizational center of client contracts, working closely with sales, channel partners, consultants, and front-line Rakuten Interactive executives. This position is located in New York and will include moderate domestic and occasional international traveling. This is a hands-on role to be the single point of contact for client accounts, oversee development and delivery of high-quality work products, and effectively manage the operational and financial performance of a contract. To be clear, this is not a role to maintain relations with clients over dinner. There is a lot to learn and teach. The ideal candidate will quickly gain pervasive knowledge of sectors, clients, and Rakuten Interactive operations. He or she will tackle continuous business development and offer strategic counsel to clients – ultimately building confidence in our brand. Lastly, the candidate will move all parts of the process, making sure they make it to finish. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Weekly briefings and dashboards to clients, develop comprehensive and scalable communication
- Ensure new business development to drive billable ratios and top-line sales growth (M/M KPI)
- Keep work in scope to meet client’s expectations and protect R-Interactive interests
- Attend sales meetings with clients, write copy and pitch presentations, organize conference events
- PMO/Gantts/Project: Keep track of budget, schedule, scope of project
- Knowledge Manger on the team: credentialing, case study creation, testimonials, and surveys
- Hire and train Account Executives (pitch assistance, research, collateral production)
- Play integral role in international planning and expansion
- Bachelor’s degree, liberal arts preferred
- Study or work abroad, multiple languages is a plus
- Self-starters with Udacity, Coursera, Udemy nanodegrees and coursework welcome
- 5-7+ years in digital agency/PR, advertising technology experience highly preferred
- At least 2+ years project/budget management on multiple projects within large accounts
- Ideal proving grounds: Agency, Research/Panel (Forrester, Kantar, Nielsen, Gartner), Digital side of Tier 1 / Big 4 Consulting, growth stage ad-tech SaaS, or Media/Publishing
- Excels in project definition: clarity on deliverables/needs, documentation, scope tracking / scope creep, oversight on change orders
- Analytics experience or willingness to learn: proprietary dashboards, DOMO, etc.
- Udacity nanodegree (digital marketing) sponsorship to spin-up domain knowledge
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.